Tuesday 16 April 2013

Reflection:


In this my final blog entry I will briefly summarize the main points of my blog entries and also relate them to other blogs done by fellow classmates on different subjects that can be inter-related through urban geography. I do hope that you have found the blog entries as informative and educational as I have. In choosing a topic for this blog assignment it took me some time to settle on what part of urban geography to consider, however with time and reflection on what seemed interesting to me I decided to focus on the urban social nightlife and some of its characteristics. Some of the topics I focused on included Food, Alcohol, Drug Use, Arts and culture, Crime, Economy, Prostitution and Employment all of which have intrinsic ties with Urban areas and Nightlife. As for comparison I would like to reflect on the blogs and one in particular of Avinash Narine, his blog focused on urban mobility and this was directly linked to one of my blogs entitled Employment in Urban nightlife where I spoke of maxi drivers transporting people to popular night spaces; this is particularly important in the context of urban geography as transportation and mobility of people within cities is very important. You can take a look at Mr. Narine’s blog here: http://urbanmobility17.blogspot.com/        

Another blog entry that I found particularly linked to this one was a blog by Mr. Kevin Samuel where he had written about “Youths In Urban space”. In my own blog entries I spoke of urban nightlife and the industry targeting primarily ‘the young rich’ who had the capital to support a certain lifestyle with little commitments; similarly his blog speaks of youths and some of their social expressions which can be related to Urban social nightlife. He also speaks about urban culture, crime and prostitution just as I had and it was interesting to read some of the different perspectives on the same subject. Take a look at Kevin’s blog here: http://uthmanurban.blogspot.com/ 

Finally I would like to draw from another classmate’s blog. Sevaster Ramlogan wrote blogs on the different arts in Trinidad’s cities and this can be related to the blog I did on arts and culture where art is manifested through different forms expressed as different cultures that go way back in time. In my own blogs I spoke of young people and their urban nightlife experiences as a form and expression of their art and culture. It was interesting to see the different aspects of art as presented by different people through different media as represented by Sevaster. He also spoke about food in a blog entitled “Trinidad's Indigenous Foods!!!” and this was also very interesting to see someone do another blog similar to my own on the topic of food highlighting differences and similarities.  You can take a look at Sevaster’s Blog here: http://urbantriniart.blogspot.com/
Thank you for taking the time to read.
Regards,
Christopher Mohip

1 comment:

  1. Good. Hope you enjoyed the blogging experience! It seems that many really enjoyed your voice! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete